Ten venues across London have received £22.3 million in government funding, as part of a wider £75 million funding package for the cultural sector.
The funding is coming from the Government’s £1.57 billion Culture Recovery Fund, which is being administered by Arts Council England. So far some £500 million has been allocated to venues.
The current round of funding was for “major venues” across the UK.
In London, the following venues received funding:
- Bill Kenwright (Theatres) – £1.53 million
- Design Museum – £2.7 million
- Dulwich Picture Gallery – £1.4 million
- English National Ballet – £3 million
- Fabric nightclub – £1.5 million
- London Transport Museum – £1.75 million
- Rambert (dance company) – £1.3 million
- Sadler’s Wells – £2.98 million
- Shakespeare’s Globe – £2.99 million
- The Old Vic Theatre – £3 million
The full list for the rest of the UK is here.
A second round of grants over £1 million and the recipients of the £270 million loans package will be announced in the coming weeks.